Overview of whole school curriculum
We aim to provide a broad and balanced curriculum, taking full account of the current statutory national curriculum.
Our curriculum comprises:
- The national curriculum for England which is taught in all local authority-maintained schools. This is a set of subjects and standards used by schools so that children learn the same things. It covers what subjects are taught and the standards children should reach in each subject. Please see the links below for more information on English, Maths and Science.
- The curriculum nurtures a love of learning and encourages necessary key skills and personal qualities it prepares them to be effective, global citizens.. For more information please go to the long term overviews.
- The Warwickshire-agreed syllabus for religious education as defined by the Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education (SACRE).
- The provision of Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) education and citizenship, including sex education and the Taking Care project (which teaches children to keep themselves safe in a variety of situations).
- A wide range of extra-curricular activities which are voluntarily undertaken by teachers of outside providers, outside of curriculum hours.