Please see the tabs to the left for curriculum coverage in each year group.
Read on for overview of whole school curriculum overview
We aim to provide a broad and balanced curriculum, taking full account of the current statutory national curriculum.
Our curriculum comprises:
- The national curriculum for England which is taught in all local authority-maintained schools. This is a set of subjects and standards used by schools so that children learn the same things. It covers what subjects are taught and the standards children should reach in each subject. Please see the links below for more information on English, Maths and Science.
- The International Primary Curriculum (IPC). This is an international, up-to-date, comprehensive and future-oriented programme, aimed at primary-aged children growing up in the 21st century, preparing them to be effective, global citizens. The programme nurtures a love of learning and encourages necessary key skills and personal qualities. For more information please go to the IPC website. Please click on the link below to see the IPC topic curriculum map for this year.
- The Warwickshire-agreed syllabus for religious education as defined by the Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education (SACRE). Click click the link below to see the RE curriculum overview for this year.
- The provision of Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) education and citizenship, including sex education and the Taking Care project (which teaches children to keep themselves safe in a variety of situations). Click the link below to see the PSHE curriculum overview for this year.
- The promotion of British Values.
- Swimming lessons for all classes.
- A modern foreign language (French) taught in all classes.
- A wide range of extra-curricular activities which are voluntarily undertaken by teachers of outside providers, outside of curriculum hours.